To shop for a home loan...
- Copies of a government issued photo ID
- Pay stubs (one month’s worth is required, if you can – pull together 2 months)
- W-2’s/tax returns, two years’ worth
- Bank (both savings & checking account) statements & investment account statements, three months’ worth
- Some lenders will require a paper trail on rent paid, if that is the case — use copies of cancelled checks for the last 12 months of rent payments
- List of consumer debts (car payment, student loans, outstanding credit card debt), include the monthly payment & balance of each account
- Certificate of eligibility for VA benefits (if applicable)
While you have everything together, make copies and create a couple packets to make shopping for a mortgage at a handful of local banks easier.
“I will be with you every step of your home buying journey, but I’d like to give you a good idea of what you can expect along the way. Here’s a quick outline of what the home search and purchase process entails. If you are curious about any aspect of the process at any point, please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to being your buyer’s agent.”
Suzanne Nelson, Broker Associate, ABR, SRS
605.347.1488 cell || email@example.com