- Gets pre-qualified with a local lender.
- Conducts buyer interview to get information about what’s most important in a home.
- Discuss buyer agency with buyer and sign contract.
- Locate properties to show buyer.
- Schedule showings of properties.
- Decides on the house that’s just right!
Writing the Offer
- Meet with buyer to draft offer.
- Review and explain the offer to the buyer prior to signing.
- Present offer to sellers or sellers’ agent.
- Negotiate any counter-offers or amendments in accordance with the buyer’s wishes.
- Write earnest money check to listing broker (or title company) trust account.
- Supplies a letter of loan approval from the bank to accompany offer.
After Your Offer is Accepted
- Check offer for contingencies & time frames. Monitor timely removal/action.
- Provide lender and title company copies of the accepted offer.
- Coordinate appraisal date and time.
- Coordinate closing date and time with all parties.
- Obtain preliminary title insurance and closing statements.
- Inform buyer of amount to bring to closing in the form of a cashier’s check.
- Assist buyer and stay in constant contact.
- Assist in setting up the inspection to be done within contingency period.
- Hire an attorney (if desired or recommended, but not essential).
- Finalize financing.
- Obtain homeowner’s insurance.
- Change utilities into your name.
Closing on Your New Home
- Schedule and conduct the final walk-through with buyers to insure property is in acceptable closing condition.
- Answer any last minute questions buyer might have.
- Accompany buyers to closing to insure everything is finalized correctly.
- Bring cashier’s check for your funds to close, government photo ID, and a paid receipt for first year of homeowner’s insurance to closing.
- Sign loan documents and closing statement.
- Get the keys to your new home…and make it your own!
“I will be with you every step of your home buying journey, but I’d like to give you a good idea of what you can expect along the way. Here’s a quick outline of what the home search and purchase process entails. If you are curious about any aspect of the process at any point, please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to being your buyer’s agent.”
Suzanne Nelson, Broker Associate, ABR, SRS
605.347.1488 cell || firstname.lastname@example.org